Tuesday, October 12, 2010

crafts.cooking.columbus day.

This weekend was so productive and I am so happy about that. First of all a disclaimer-- I do not like to cook and I am the world's least creative person in the world.

A couple of weeks ago I found a wreath I really liked and I was determined I could make it.  When I told my Mom, Justin, and Mandell my plans they laughed.. some in my face and I know for a fact they were quietly laughing in their head. They know me all to well to know crafting is not up my alley.

Justin went hunting this weekend so saturday night was my night to craft. I got all my materials (had to go to hobby lobby twice) and turned on the LSU/Florida football game. The wreath turned out amazing. i.love.it. Thanks to Emily for this wonderful tutorial. Go check out her blog. I want her house and her amazing talents.

 this is the mess i had after i was done. oops!

Another accomplishment this weekend was making a roast. I do not like to cook. It is boring to me. But this was by far the easiest thing I have ever made. My mom used to make roasts growing up so she gave me her special recipe and it was delicious. It did overflow into the bottom of the oven which led to a little mess but that did not mess up the taste. We now have roast for about 5 more meals.


Other weekend activities--
- went and saw Life As We Know It. It was cute and a great date with my mom.
- Whitney participated in her school carnival dunking booth which provided some great laughter.

- watched a lot of football.
- did about 10 loads of laundry --good gosh we wear a lot of clothes.
- and spent columbus day with Justin. it was fabulous!

1 comment:

  1. love the wreath...very impressed...now I'm gonna copy you and try to make one myself.

    ReplyDelete