Thursday, October 7, 2010

big tex

This past weekend we went to DFW to visit my sister and go to the famous State Fair of Texas. I have heard so much about the fair, fried food and Fletcher's corndogs. I.could.not.wait!  I was so proud of my sister for buying her first UT shirt. We put on our burnt orange, met up with our friends, and headed to the fair with the other 97,000 people decked out in burnt orange and crimson. The atmosphere was amazing. However, I did not get to experience much of the fair. 97,000 people makes for long lines and not much moving room. In order to buy anything you have to have coupons so that was our first priority.
   
Whitney, Katie, and I went on the search for a Fletchers corndog while Justin and Joey went to find the big screen to watch the game. We soon found out the waiting line for a corndog was over an hour.. no thanks! I did get some nachos and a funnel cake and I was a happy camper. We found the tv but for some reason there was no volume. We left the fair at halftime and went to a bar to watch the rest of the game. Although the game wasn't a happy ending I am very glad I got to be in the atmosphere of OU/UT weekend. 

Saturday night we gathered some of our Fort Worth friends and went to a bar in the Stockyards. I love Fort Worth. I secretly wish I lived there but since Katie lives there I know we will be back for more.

On Sunday we enjoyed the amazing weather and of course watched football. Katie lives about .2 miles from downtown so we walked all around and enjoyed some people watching.

 The weekend was great and I can't wait to visit during Christmas to see downtown Fort Worth all lit up. Thanks Katie for letting us stay with you.. we had a great time and can't wait to come back!

1 comment:

  1. L.O.V.E. the shout out in the blog post!! I had a blast w/ya'll.. you're welcome to visit ANY.TIME.

    ReplyDelete